- E-mail: email@example.com
- Paper-based mail: Neopharmed Gentili S.p.A., headquartered in Via S. G. Cottolengo 15, Milan;
- The Company has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) that can be reached at the following e-mail address: DPO@neogen.it.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small text files which contain certain information exchanged between a web site and the user’s device, usually through the web browser. Cookies are primarily used for the express purpose of operating websites and making them function more efficiently, as well as for providing information to the owners of the website itself.
The cookies can be both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for a short period of time, and are deleted as soon as the browser is closed. Their use is strictly limited to the transfer of session identifiers (consisting of random numbers generated by the server) necessary for safe and efficient browsing of the site. Persistent cookies, on the other hand, remain archived on the user’s device for a certain predetermined amount of time. Since they are not automatically deleted once the browser is closed, they are used to save the choices made by the user on the site and to collect information concerning the pages of the site visited, the frequency with which the site is visited and the identification of the user’s path, in order to improve user experience of the site. Cookies, whether session or persistent, can be either First Party or Third Party depending on whether the party that places the cookies on the user’s device is the administrator of the site the user is visiting (First Party cookie) or a different party (Third Party cookie).
Cookies, based on their intended purpose can be classified as:
- Technical Cookies – cookies that allow the user to browse the site and/or to provide them with a service they have requested (e.g., cookies that automatically recognize the language used by the user) These cookies are necessary for the site to function and cannot be disabled in our systems, unless the user alters the browser’s security settings. However, we’d like to remind you that disabling these cookies, whether fully or partially, may prevent the site from functioning properly.
- Analytics Cookies – cookies that allow the site administrators to collect aggregate statistical data (such as the number of website visitors). Analytics cookies can be either first-party analytics cookies, directly stored by the website you are visiting, and third-party analytics cookies, created by third parties.
- Profiling Cookies – cookies that monitor the user’s browsing, tracking their behavior and preferences for the purpose of sending advertisements matching the user’s profile. Should you not accept these cookies, no targeted advertisements shall be sent.
When it is not required.
In accordance with current legislation, technical, session and analysis cookies that do not involve profiling (as they are necessary to provide the services sought by the user) do not require the user’s consent. These include:
- analytics cookies, when used directly by the administrator of the site to collect data, in aggregate form, on the number of users and the way in which they access the site;
- navigation or session cookies (for authentication purposes);
- functionality cookies that allow the user to browse the site based on a series of selected criteria (e.g., language, products selected for purchase) with the aim of improving the service provided to the user
When it is required.
For all other types of cookies, consent may be granted in the following ways:
- through the banner that appears the first time the user accesses this site;
- by configuring your browser;
- from the settings for use of third-party services.
*A lack of consent may prevent the user from fully accessing or using the features of the site.
The chosen settings may be modified at any time. Consent, in particular, may be revoked, without any burden and prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to revocation.
Our Site uses different types of cookies, with each of them serving a specific purpose.
OTHER TECHNOLOGIES (e.g., Plugins, Widgets, Local Storage, etc.)
The websites may also be designed to interact with social networks and external platforms through the use of specific technologies that have been specifically developed for these purposes.
Some of the most common ways these interactions are implemented are through the use of:
Plug-ins: a software component that interacts with another program as a way of expanding or extending its features. The most commonly used plug-ins are those by social networks. They allow, with one simple click, to follow a social media page or profile, or even to emphasize the user’s appreciation of a specific piece of content and/or share it on their own social media profile, etc.;
Widgets: graphical user interface elements of a program meant to facilitate and optimize user interaction with the same program. Social network widgets are the most common. They allow the user to quickly open the chosen social network in a different browser window.
All these services allow for the interaction with social networks or other external platforms, directly from the pages of a given site. Any interaction and subsequent data acquired from the site, are subject to the privacy settings of the third party that created these technologies.
Here you can see a list of the social media platforms the site allows you to interact with, as well as links to the pages containing information on data processing and, as required by law, where you may give or withhold your consent:
– Twitter Widget – info: https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=en
– Instagram Widget – info: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875/?maybe_redirect_pol=0
– Linkedin Widget – info: https://it.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This site may contain links or references to other websites. The Data Controller does not control cookies/tracking technologies of other websites to which this Policy does not apply.
Browsers usually allow you to control most cookies through the browser settings. However, we’d like to remind you that disabling cookies, whether fully or partially, may prevent the site from functioning properly.
Nevertheless, if the user does not wish to receive any form of cookies on their computer, either from this site or from others, they can adjust the privacy protection level by modifying the security settings of their browser:
Mozilla Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
Safari for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT201265
REFERENCE TO THE GENERAL POLICY